Eyetique Announces the Addition of 16 New Employees to Their Workforce
Pittsburgh, PA(PittsburghNewsWire.com) — Eyetique has increased their workforce by at least 20% in the last six months, adding 16 new employees and promoting several more. They now have 10 stores total, seven of which are eyetique locations, two 3 Guys Optical stores, and their newest addition, the Norman Childs Eyewear Boutique in Shadyside.Eyetique started in 1979 with its first store in Squirrel Hill has grown because of their extensive collection of designer frames and exceptional customer service. Eyetique offers competitive pay and benefits, a training program, and a unique culture with a service-oriented yet fun work environment. “It’s a completely different atmosphere than any other place I have ever worked. I have learned so much more here and it’s rewarding to build long term relationships with repeat clients,” said Samantha Steele, a new optician at the Squirrel Hill store.
Norman Childs, president and founder of eyetique, encourages employees to “be the best at what they do” and is proud to announce the addition and promotion of the following eyetique team members:
- Blake Ellison was promoted to manager of the Shadyside location, having been at eyetique for four years. He also serves as the company’s trainer and is an optician as well.
- Julie Gelman is eyetique’s new Lead Accountant serving all locations. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and brings 15 years of financial services experience to her position.
- Lynne Figgins is the new Director of Business Development for eyetique and 3 Guys Optical. She brings over 20 years of experience in business development in a number of industries. Her role includes working with their Charity Partners, Corporate Partners, and Small Business programs.
- Rick Moritz was recently promoted to manager of the Squirrel Hill store and has been with eyetique for four years. He is an American Board of Opticianry (ABO) Certified optician with a total of six years in the eye care industry.
- Barry Testa was promoted to manager at the Wilkins Township eyetique location and is an ABO Certified optician. He has been with eyetique four years and has seven in the industry.
- Dr. Christie Cardellino is a newly licensed Doctor of Optometry and serves patients at the Robinson and South Hills Village eyetique locations as well as 3Guys Optical in Oakland. She obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of Pittsburgh and Doctor of Optometry from Nova Southeastern University in Florida.
- Dr. Natasha Hindman is a licensed Doctor of Optometry and will be providing exams at the Shadyside, Robinson and Wexford locations. She received her education from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in Philadelphia and brings eight years of experience to eyetique. As a volunteer for the One Sight Foundation, she has traveled to Mexico, Panama, Honduras, and Thailand to help people with eye exams and glasses.
- Kate Abbondanza is an optician in the South Hills Village store where she brings 10 years of experience in the eye care industry. She is working toward earning her ABO certificate in May and previously owned her own massage company.
- Heather Altman was recently hired as the Accounting Assistant working with all locations. She has an Associate’s Degree in Financial Management and five years experience in accounts receivable and payable departments.
- Liz Bonifield is an optician at the Robinson eyetique location and is working toward her ABO certification in May. She has been in the eye care industry for seven years.
- Holly Carter is a new optician at the South Hills Village location. Holly has a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and Behavioral Physiology and has worked in health and wellness training and counseling in the past. She’s currently working toward her ABO certification in May.
- Erin Figgins is an optician in the Wilkins Township and Shadyside stores. She is new to the eye care industry and has a Bachelor’s Degree in International Business and Economics from Indiana University of Pennsylvania plus three years experience in customer service and restaurant management.
- Erin Marietti is an ABO certified optician at the Norman Childs Boutique in Shadyside and brings six years of industry experience. She has a degree in Photography from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh and is working toward a degree in Fine Arts at Carlow University.
- Barb Miller is a full time optician and frame stylist at the South Hills Village eyetique store. She has five years of experience in the eye care industry and a degree in Early Childhood Education from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Denina Robinson is an optician at the Norman Childs Eyewear Boutique, Robinson, and Shadyside stores. She brings 8 years of experience in the eye care industry and has an Associate’s Degree in Cosmetology Management and General Studies.
- Samantha Steele is an optician at the Squirrel Hill eyetique location. She is working toward earning her ABO certification and has a bachelor’s degree in Italian Language and Literature.
- Mike Smalls is a new optician in the Wilkins Township eyetique location. He is working towards ABO certification as well as his bachelor’s degree at Clarion University.
- Stacey Stout is an experienced optician in the Shadyside location. She’s been in the industry 11 years and has an Associate’s Degree in Liberal arts. Stacey has traveled to India with OneSight to help those in need of eye care.
- Talisha Taylor is the company’s newest employee just starting in the end of January 2012. She is a full-time optician at the Wexford location and has 2 years experience in the eye care industry plus a Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts and Graphic Design.